Wednesday 5 September 2012

I made a cushion for you!


Thinking of Christmas already and with a three week holiday to South Africa before then, I thought it was time to start thinking about gifts I might want to make for people for Christmas!
I know some people appreciate handmade presents more than others and my Mum is one person who loves to receive something lovingly made by hand!
As I have now mastered the art of sewing in zips (http://imadeitforyou.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/i-made-cushion-for-you.html), I decided to make a cushion as a gift for my Mum for Christmas!
I bought a lovely green/turquoise fabric from a local fabric shop which I decided I wanted to base my cushion round.  After deciding to applique the word "Mum" onto the cushion in pink fabric, the dilemma was deciding whether to applique plain or patterned letters and bright or muted tones of pink!!
These were my options....
I think I actually preferred the brighter shade of pink with the white spots for the letters:
But I finally decided my Mum would probably prefer the more muted shades of pale pink which also matched the ribbon I had perfectly!!
And this was the finished result....
I just need to decide whether to finish it off by sewing on some buttons??...
I placed some on to see how they would look but I think I am going to wait until nearer the time to make a final decision...

No comments:

Post a Comment