Tuesday 1 November 2011

Mali



I have been having a sort out of some old photos and found some from a visit to Mali in 2005!...it was my first and only visit to Africa and despite the heat and dust I loved it!  The country was really interesting and the people were so lovely!...I hope you enjoy looking at these photos!
Above: We travelled by boat up a river to Timbuktu...this is a mosque at one of our stops en-route!...the people in the foreground are just making their way back from washing at the riverbank.

Above: The largest mud building in the world, Djenne.
I saw a picture of this building and this is what inspired the trip!...I just had to see it!


Above: Dogon country
Above: Lady carrying a bucket on her head, Djenne





Above: Sheep, Djenne!...so cute!

Hope you enjoyed these photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment