Monday 7 November 2011

Christmas Robin....



Have just made this Christmas Robin for my niece using this Hooty and Tweet Pattern by Melly and Me:
Hooty & Tweet
I think the pattern is meant to be for making an owl but I think it's worked really well for a robin too!!  I tried to make it look funky with it's stripey tights and my niece loves the fact I added bells to it's feet!!!  It should look really cute sitting on the mantel piece at Christmas.  I sewed a ribbon in the top of it's head and I think it also looks cute hanging from a door handle! 

This robin even ventured out into the garden to hang out in a tree!
And an update on a work in progress... the personalised cushion I am making for my niece as part of her Christmas present...this is it so far...
...the front will be her initial appliqued onto a patterned fabric of hearts and the back - for now, as I am not sure whether I am entirely happy with it - is this little girl holding a heart which is based on this pure innocence stamp by Heather Ellis











4 comments:

  1. I think the pattern makes a lovely robin, very festive! Beth/the linen cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Beth!...am thinking about having a go at a second one for myself as this one went for my niece!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really cute indeed! Makes me want one too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Brid :)

    ReplyDelete