Thursday 15 September 2011

Miss Polly Poppet!

Introducing Miss Polly Poppet!............

After spending loads of time searching the internet for a pattern to make a doll for my niece, I eventually found one and have produced Miss Polly Poppet!!
There are lots of nice dolly patterns out there...my favoutites which fit my criteria of having patterns for removable clothing for the dolls as i wouldn't have a clue where to start sewing clothes without a pattern were...
 Both had really cute doll patterns and more importantly had patterns for the clothes I wanted to go with it for my two year old niece to dress and undress her with!

 Polly, above, is a Bit Whimsy pattern doll wearing her 'going out' dress which I have machine embroidered at the top and bottom with pink embroidery which is very similar to a dress my niece wore when she was went to a wedding with her parents recently!  I have even added some 'bling' in the form of a necklace and think she looks really cute with it on!


My niece is two and loves belly buttons!!!...I have added a button to Polly's tummy to act as a belly button as well as stitching a 'With Love' label to her bottom!

So far Polly has three dresses and two tops and trouser outfits...I have matched the material of the sleeves of the top with the material of the trousers to encourage my niece to match things up!








A work in progress is a now a carry-cot for Miss Polly Poppet to sleep in and be carried around in as well as a couple more outfits...another dress and a top and pair of trousers!  I may even make some shoes! x


3 comments: