Monday 18 April 2011

Burma Trip....

 

I have recently spent three weeks in Burma...a beautiful country with lovely people and as yet unspoilt by tourism...it's like what I imagine Thailand and Vietnam to have been like before mass tourism hit!  I took soooooooooo many photos...this is just a very small selection of some of my favourites...enjoy.................


Smiling lady!

Elderly lady rolling cigar!

Elderly lady smoking cigar near Lake Inle!!

Little boy posing!

Reflections of a fisherman at work, Inle Lake

Kao Pao tribal lady...who wanted to know why we were so white!




Baby sleeping on Mum's back, Inle Lake area



Laughing Nun, near Golden Rock



Nuns at Shwedagon Paya, Yangon



Monk, Mandalay



Setting sun at U-Bein Bridge, the longest teak bridge in the world

Laughing lady!


Bagan


Hope you enjoyed...luvly x

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think more people need to read blogs like this. . I enjoy it so much. I hope you could share more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments! Am so excited to have my first follower!...thanks Brid!...hopefully it will inspire me to post more often!! If only I didn't have to work, life would be so much easier and time would be more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are beautiful. Looks like you had a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I stumbled upon your blog entry while researching for a trip to Burma. Your photos were wonderful! I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me? What was the process for obtaining a visa? How much was the visa?

    Ross.jennifer.j@gmail.com Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete